PADI Night Diver Course
Who should take this course?
The thought of dipping below the surface at night seems mysterious, yet so alluring. Although you’ve been scuba diving at a site many times before, at night you drop into a whole new world and watch it come to life under the glow of your dive light. The scene changes as day creatures retire and nocturnal organisms emerge. If you’ve wondered what happens underwater after the sun goes down, sign up for the PADI Night Diver course.
PADI (Junior) Open Water Divers or higher, who are at least 12 years old, can enroll in the Night Diver specialty course.
What will you learn?
Scuba diving at night teaches you to focus on what you can see in your light’s beam, on controlling your buoyancy by feel, on staying with your buddy and on paying attention to details you may overlook during the day. During three night dives, you’ll practice:
- Light handling and communication techniques.
- Entering, exiting and navigating in the dark.
- Identifying how plants and animals differ or change behavior at night.
You may be able to get college credit for the Night Diver course – ask our PADI instructors.
Also, the first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
How can you start learning now?
Visit Jomtien Dive Center to enroll in the course and get a PADI Night Diver Crew-Pak that includes yourmanual and video. By studying before class, you’ll be better prepared for the thrill of exploring the underwater world at night.
What scuba gear will you use?
Along with your basic scuba equipment, you’ll need a primary dive light and want to have a backup light, too. Our PADI Instructors or Jomtien Dive Center staff may suggest other equipment options.
Jump in and earn your next certification:
- Enroll in a Night Diver course at Jomtien Dive Center.
- Browse our available PADI Specialties for courses that will improve your experiences at night, such as Peak Performance Buoyancy, AWARE – Fish Identification and Underwater Navigation.
- Check out the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.