PADI Underwater Naturalist Course
Who should take this course?
Take the PADI Underwater Naturalist course and you’ll see new things, even on the most familiar scuba diving sites. Why? Because when know more about symbioses, underwater ecology, and aquatic plant and animal habitats, you notice behaviors and see creatures you may have previously missed. Learn more about the local ecosystem and take a closer look on your next scuba diving adventure.
PADI (Junior) Open Water Divers who are at least 10 years old are eligible to take the Underwater Naturalist Specialty course.
What will you learn?
Through class discussions and on two scuba dives, you’ll learn:
- Key differences between the terrestrial and aquatic worlds.
- Major aquatic life groupings, interactions and information that dispels myths.
- Responsible interactions with aquatic life.
How can you start learning now?
Pick up your PADI Underwater Naturalist Manual at Jomtien Dive Center as you enroll in the course. After reading the manual and filling out the Knowledge Review, you’re ready to meet with our PADI Instructors and plan your underwater naturalist dives.
What scuba gear will you use?
Besides your basic scuba equipment, you’ll need a slate and pencil to record your observations. Ask our PADI Instructors or Jomtien Dive Center staff about additional equipment you may want, such as a dive light to better see into cracks and crevices.
Look closer and earn your next certification:
- Enroll in an PADI Underwater Naturalist course at Jomtien Dive Center.
- Browse the our PADI Specialties to look for other related specialties, such as Project AWARE Specialist, Project AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation and Project AWARE – Fish Identification.
- Check out the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.